Garlic Prawns & Lemon Gremolata
March 18, 2022
Executive Chef Danny Tipper shares a mouthwatering recipe to pair perfectly alongside our NEW RELEASE of 2020 Privata Chardonnay! Wow your friends and family with this Spring wine pairing this season!
- 2 lbs Prawns
- 1 Lagre Shallot (finely minced)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 Lemons (zested)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Bunch of fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
Preheat oven to 350F with convection (if possible)
Place prawns in a large mixing bowl
Mince garlic and shallot then add to prawns
Add salt, smoked paprika and cracked black pepper
Pour melted butter into mixing bowl with prawns
Marinate prawns in the fridge while preparing the gremolata.
Zest and juice two lemons (reserve juice separately)
In a small bowl, combine finely chopped parsley, minced garlic and lemon zest. Mix gently.
In a large cast iron pan or oven safe dish, arrange prawns nicely in a circle, drizzling marinade into cracks.
Place cast iron in the oven for 7-8 minutes until prawns are JUST cooked.
To finish, drizzle lemon juice on the prawns and sprinkle the gremolata generously on top.
Lastly, open a bottle of Ex Nihilo’s Privata Chardonnay and enjoy!
Serving Suggestions + Tips
- A “Microplane” is a great kitchen tool for zesting citrus and finely mincing garlic.
- Pat your parsley dry with a paper towel prior to chopping, doing this will stop your gremolata from clumping together.
- Serve with grilled bread to soak up all that prawn cooking liquid.
- Gremolata can be made into a quick sauce by adding olive oil and gently mixing.
- Parsley can be substituted for any other herb of choice
- Serve with 2021 Privata Chardonnay
Recipe by Ex Nihilo Executive Chef, Danny Tipper
Get in the Know
Sign Up For Our Newsletter and get 5% off your next online order*
*not valid with any special offers or promos
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.
You're going to love being a part of our family!