Grilled Chicken Gewürztraminer Sausage
April 13, 2022
The perfect Spring/Summer recipe to whip up and throw on the BBQ!
- 2 1/2 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1 tsp Whole Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme Leaves (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 3 tbsps XXX Gewürztraminer Wine
- Toast and grind all spices
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine ground chicken with spices, thyme and salt by hand
- Transfer chicken mixture to the freezer for 15 minutes. (Cold temperature is crucial for a good emulsified sausage)
- Remove chicken from freezer, transfer chicken to KitchenAid or stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment
- Whip Chicken mixture on high for 30 seconds with paddle attachment
- Next, slowly pour Gewürztraminer into mixer and continue to mix on high for 30–45 seconds
- The chicken mixture can now be formed into sausages, burgers or meatballs
- Preheat the BBQ and start grillin’
- Continue to BBQ until cooked through
- Pour remaining Gewürztraminer and enjoy!
Tips and Serving Suggestions
- Skin on thigh meat is best for this application, try and avoid lean meat if possible.
- Recipe can be made with beef, pork, lamb etc, adjust spices to your liking.
- If you don't have a stand mixer, meat can be mixed by hand, but for best results a mixer is recommended.
- Make sure wine is nice and cold before starting.
- Pre-salting prior to putting in the freezer will make the emulsification stronger.
- Enjoy with a glass of 2021 XXX Gewürztraminer.
Get in the Know
Sign Up For Our Newsletter and get 5% off your next online order*
*not valid with any special offers or promos
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.
You're going to love being a part of our family!